Re: WAL filling up disk - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Ruprecht
Subject Re: WAL filling up disk
Date
List pgsql-sql
Roberto,

in the postgres.conf file is a parameter:
wal_files       = 64 # range 0-64

I'm not sure if you can set this to > 64, I have never tried. Maybe
that's the guy's problem. Set it to something smaller, like 16 or 32.

Also, he could qualify the update (update xxx set yyy = zzz where
...) and do the million records in steps of 100'000.

Best regards,
Chris

--
Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre